The Charity Commission
Registered Charity No: 1099029
The Charity Commission is responsible for registering and regulating charities in England and Wales, to ensure that the public can support charities with confidence.
Within England and Wales, we’re responsible for:
- registering eligible organisations in England and Wales which are established for only charitable purposes
- taking enforcement action when there is malpractice or misconduct
- ensuring charities meet their legal requirements, including providing information on their activities each year
- making appropriate information about each registered charity widely available
- providing on line services and guidance to help charities run as effectively as possible
From 2013 to 2014, our priorities are to develop:
- public confidence in the charity sector
- the sector’s compliance and accountability
- the self-reliance of individual charities.
For more information please follow the link: Charity Commission